ADCN is the Club for Creativity in the Netherlands, with 750+ members, all creative professionals & students in advertising and design in various disciplines. Since 1967, ADCN awards the very best Dutch creativity and craft at the Dutch Creativity Awards and throughout the year ADCN runs a programme of talks, workshops, courses, festivals, labs, exhibitions and social events. ADCN’s mission is to unleash the creative potential of creative professionals and students to create a positive impact on brands, culture and society.
ADCN’s team is fuelled by an immense passion for creativity and a desire to build a community across the creative industries. We strive to improve ourselves every day. Innovative ideas and input are greatly valued, and creativity is highly appreciated and stimulated. We adapt our organisation to changes in the industry around us, which results in new, exciting challenges every day, for which we all take our responsibilities with great passion.
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
We’re looking for an all round Content Manager with a creative and digital mindset! You get a buzz from storytelling and are great at creating the best content experience.
Tasks & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for two types of content:
- Content that inspires/unleashes the reader’s creativity
- Content with a marketing purpose – to inform and promote ADCN activities
Both include articles, news items, event details, social posts and digital mailings. You will strategise all content together with the Brand Director.
Your role is to inspire ADCN’s Members and the Dutch creative community on a daily basis with unique content. The content you create, produce and publish should cover a range of topics in relation to advertising, design, media, technology, arts, science, culture and creative leadership and must be relevant to ADCN’s audience. Your content should unleash the creative potential of the reader.
You will also be responsible for creating promotional/informative content before, during and after ADCN events/activities. Examples of the content you will create include – writing promotional copy for events and digital mailings, covering events live on Facebook and Instagram, interviewing speakers and attendees for an article or digital media partners like Adformatie. Good to know: all ADCN events should be covered, which means the work will sometimes require out of office hours. Lastly, you will have ownership of ADCN social media channels, manage and execute a content calendar and leverage monthly analytics for continuous improvement, all together with the Brand Director.
Experience & Personality
- 2-4 years of experience creating and publishing digital content for web and social media.
- Excellent English writing skills with attention to detail
- Fluent English (preferably native speaking), a good understanding of Dutch is a plus
- Keen design eye
- Marketing skills
- Knowledge of digital media and social media platforms
- Results-driven, you aim to reach more readers with each article/post
- Grounding in SEO and understanding of content marketing technologies
- Knowledge of Mailchimp, Adobe Suite programs (mainly InDesign, Illustrator or Photoshop), Eventbrite, Later.com, Facebook and LinkedIn targeting, Google Analytics
- Preferred skills: passionate about the creative industries, particularly agencies and studios within the advertising, design, digital and production worlds
- Team player with a sense of humour
Wat bieden wij
- Work on creative content together with top-notch creatives in advertising, design, craft, and media
- Become an ADCN Member with all the benefits including access to our events and workshops
- Work in a creative space at Capital C in the centre of Amsterdam