Aedes Real Estate is an Amsterdam based company where we focus on the acquisition, the concepts and the design of new projects. We began in 1995 as a real-estate firm focused on the investment in -and development of- properties in and around Amsterdam. From the very beginning, we have been developing more than just buildings. Our goal in all our projects is to strengthen local communities, improve environmental surroundings and cherish the soul of a building by respecting its history. After extensive partnerships in the exploitation of hotels, we are now ready to employ this breadth of experience to develop our own distinct hotel brand.
We tackle serious issues, without ever taking ourselves too seriously. It’s our genuine interest in each project that propels us forward and motivates us to develop new ways of thinking. How can we reconcile the often-conflicting demands of people and planet? How can we create something that is both respectful of the history, yet modern and progressive? Working with integrity and wholeheartedly leaning into each challenge, has allowed us to handle projects of great complexity, untangling aspects of heritage, inner-city neighbourhoods and sustainability.
From Burgerziekenhuis, a former hospital turned into ‘The Manor’ hotel, to the Bungehuis, a striking 1930s trading office that now hosts Soho House Amsterdam, our expansive portfolio creates a tangible link between past and present. And gives each building new meaning and substance.
We are more than property investors. We are historians, curators and storytellers.
And soon, we will be hoteliers too.
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
Within your marketing & communications role you report to our head of marketing & communications. You’re responsible for managing all marketing & communication projects which entails constantly projecting our strategy into the desired outcomes through specific campaigns. Your main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Create annual (online) marketing & communication plans for Aedes Real Estate and all sub brands /projects, with a focus on our new hotel brands;
- Be our brand ambassador and guard our brand guidelines. Internally within our colleagues as well as externally with our partners. Analyze and optimize continuously;
- Develop and execute (online) campaigns and guard them. Create as much visibility & rumor around our hotel brands as you possibly can. Corner our market segments through relevant content in all (online) media and catchy campaigns through various channels. Manage product launches and events;
- Create leads, engage potential clients and turn them into actual customers, with smart and creative ideas and communication. Ensure KPI’s are achieved;
- Enjoy our journey as much as we do and share it: document the journey of our properties. Be our librarian of images. Create them, pick them, store them and use them for our story telling;
- Collaborate on all of this with our lovely partners, such as photographers, branding-, advertising- and online. Work closely together with our PR company: create press releases and share the right information at the right time;
- Establish strategic partnerships, joint-promotions and long-lasting relationships with third parties and media;
- Internal communications & recruitment campaigns: Build the brand around our colleagues as the people we work with are the true asset: co-create and support the employee culture;
- Keep track of the numbers. Measure & evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns through ROI analysis. Manage budgets.
- HBO or University study Marketing & Communications;
- Minimum of 5-year experience in a marketing communication role. Preferably in hospitality.
- Minimum of 3-year experience in online marketing, including website development;
- Excellent organizational-, communication- and copywriting skills;
- Creative, result driven, taking initiative, team player. Eye for detail, independent thinker and worker: surprise us, convince us. Commercial: selling our projects is a vital skill;
- Excellent command of both Dutch and English language (orally and in writing);
- Think outside the box: We want to create the ‘wow’ effect for our colleagues, tenants and guests, in all imaginable ways: in our properties, through our service ánd with our communication.
Wat bieden wij
- Fulltime job;
- Annual contract with perspective on permanent employment;
- A competitive salary and favorable secondary conditions of employment, e.g. corporate phone;
- Steep learning curve on high-profile projects;
- Collegial and fun working atmosphere. An Aedes-bar is located in our office;
- Healthy and fresh lunch. Great coffee;
- Annual team outings.