About Armada Music
Armada Music is the biggest independent dance music label in the world, based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands (HQ), London and New York (satellite offices). Founded in 2003, Armada Music represents labels and artists across the electronic music spectrum, including Andrew Rayel, Armin van Buuren, ARTY, Brando, Cat Dealers, Ferry Corsten, Loud Luxury, Morgan Page, Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano and Tensnake.
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
As a MARKETING MANAGER, you will be mainly responsible for the marketing plans and operational processes regarding your own roster of releases and work closely with the A&R-, Product-, Digital, Promotion and Social Media teams to promote our music worldwide through all channels of Armada Music and beyond.
What will you be doing (exactly)?
- You will create strategic marketing and promotion plans for a roster artists and releases;
- Together with the project teams you will execute marketing plans. Always staying on top of a project’s developments, you’ll identify new opportunities and translate these into actionable marketing strategies;
- You’ll take a helicopter view over an artist’s positioning and will initiate campaigns for releases based on market analysis and research;
- You will keep in tune with new trends and follow technological developments closely, indulging in conceptual thinking;
- You will keep the artists & managements, as well as internal teams, informed on planning, progress, content and chart success;
- You will keep a tight grip on the marketing & promotion budgets and will report the cost balances;
- You’ll be reporting to the Head of Marketing.
Who is the person we’re looking for?
- You’ve acquired a relevant degree in Business Marketing, Communication or Commercial Economy, at least ‘HBO’ (Dutch standard) or a bachelor’s degree;
- You have multiple years of experience in a similar role with a substantial track record in online/digital marketing;
- Knowledge of the inner workings of the music industry and affinity with electronic music are required. Preferably you have a relevant network within the (dance) music industry;
- You have a good understanding of the factors driving music consumption and know what buttons to push in influencing these;
- Online media excites you and you are always clued up on its most recent developments;
- You love creatively connecting the dots and building a campaign from all the ingredients available. In doing so you must be a real team player;
- You possess excellent organizational and communicative skills and have the ability to drive forward processes within project teams;
- You have an analytical mind and have an ambitious, decisive and a problem solving mentality;
- You’re in for a challenge and like dynamic working environments. Therefore you are used to working with strict deadlines, you know how to prioritize and you thrive under pressure;
- You (preferably) live in or near Amsterdam, the Netherlands or you are willing to move there;
- You are well versed in the English language, both in speech and in writing. Dutch would be a plus.
Wat bieden wij
At Armada Music, you’ll be pursuing your passion on an international scale. Calling an inspiring and musical environment home, you’ll bump fists with a young and dynamic team of skilled coworkers. We also offer 25 days off per year to force you to miss us every once in a while and an appealing pension scheme for when we finally decide to grow up. O, and we’ll pay you. There’s that too, of course.
Can’t contain your excitement? Check our website and please apply by using the job link and send in your resume and cover letter. We’re looking forward to meeting you!