It is impossible for companies to keep up with the rapid technological developments; from research at universities to the latest developments at startups. Young professionals — who have often been programming for years — are at the forefront of things like Artificial Intelligence, Robotics and other emerging technologies. For that reason Bit was founded five years ago. We are a Research & Development prototyping lab that puts their customers ahead of their competition by deploying new technologies first.
Bit currently consists of fifty of the best AI, Design and Computer Science young professionals in Amsterdam. The company consists of full-time consultants and students who are in the final phase of their studies. We research and build the very latest technologies for customers such as Schiphol, FedEx, eBay and Ikea. For example, we developed an artificial intelligence model that plans aircraft better, with which airlines can save 10% to 16% on their CO2. We also made a smart refrigerator that creates a 3D model of its content, so that stocks can be better managed and purchased.
Once Bit has demonstrated that a new technology works, we also ensure that the technology is secured in organizations. “With our prototypes we show what is possible, so that a concept really comes to life. As soon as the customer sees it working, they are convinced and they know: we have to make this. A drawing does not have that effect.” – Jeroen Coelen, Creative Designer.
In addition to the unique proposition, a strong culture is also one of the secrets behind Bit’s rapid growth. A down-to-earth, informal atmosphere in which everyone is an equal part of the success ensures a close-knit team in which everyone supports each other and brings out the best in others, while pushing the status quo.
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
You get energy from continuously building a brand, creating and writing content & developing creative ideas that suit culture, core values, and a ‘sexy’ style. Bit is offering a challenging position as Brand & Marketing Coordinator, in which you can use a lot of creativity and take responsibility. You will become ultimately responsible for all communication and branding on our online and offline channels.
At Bit you will become part of the Content team and work together with the interns. You are the linchpin between sales, culture & marketing as you will be responsible for planning, developing and implementing the overall company’s content strategy. You will be helping with writing getty vacancies, producing (recruitment) event concepts and developing the webinars for our customers. Next to that, quickly creating a snappy presentation for an important pitch or improving the website copy is easy to do for you and you’re constantly spotting chances to get our brand out there. Ultimately, you monitor Bit’s brand guidelines, corporate identity and tone of voice.
You can start immediately, but we also understand if you need some time. You will be onboarded by colleagues: the Content team, the Office Manager, the PA, the Culture & Events manager, the Client Delivery team and the Bit founders. In normal times, you spend your time at our office at the Amsterdam Science Park.
What are you going to do?
Bit is growing fast. And while Bit consists of 50 fun & smart people who do project work, there are many tasks and responsibilities that you can take on in the field of Brand, Content & Marketing.
- You create intelligent content in the form of video, photography and text. You have an eye for substantive improvement and engage or manage third parties if necessary
- You are responsible for the coordination of the various on- and offline channels. You come up with input for posts and advertising campaigns for Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn and create it yourself or with the team
- You are also responsible for maintaining the branding physically (in the Bit offices & Bit Academy)
- You thrive in a creative team, but you can also work great independently
- You set up the content calendar with the Content team
- You are responsible for website optimization (i.c.w. developers)
- You also spend 2 days a week working for the Bit Academy 😃
… and if there’s spare time, you try to pick up on things that are left, so that the company continues to improve and can continue to grow.
This could be you if…
- You’ve achieved an HBO / WO degree in the direction of Marketing / Communication, or something similar
- You’re looking for the 2nd or 3rd step in your career: minimum 2-4 years of experience in a similar role
- You fluently speak and write in English, speaking and writing Dutch is an advantage
- You have well-developed copywriting & design skills
- You have a proactive, structured and result-oriented personality with strong communication skills
- You are available for 40 hours in the Amsterdam area
- You have experience in HubSpot (this is an advantage)
- You can identify with our core values, as culture is #1 at Bit:
– We learn, we lead.
– Team first.
– Pushing status quo.
Wat bieden wij
To apply: send your CV & motivation letter to: email@example.com.