Botanopia is a young brand designing products for the modern plant parent. We focus on creating beautiful plant-related tools and accessories. Plant eduction and inspiration is a very big part of our brand identity. We sell through our own website and a network of about 400 independent retail stores, across the globe.
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
Office management at Botanopia
The Junior Office Manager at Botanopia is an essential team member. You are responsible for the smooth running of the office. You are the centre of communication with our customers and suppliers. You handle the logistics and administration of daily activities.
On a day to day, this means:
- You’re handling emails, problem-solving with customer and suppliers.
- You make sure our customers receive their orders on time and you’re the point of contact person for our shipping company.
- You organize the office and the administration so that everyone at Botanopia can do their work smoothly, with the appropriate tools and documents.
- You keep track of our inventory and re-order supplies on time, so we don’t run out.Our perfect match is a person who is a quick learner, and who is willing to tackle a multitude of tasks.
Our business is growing fast. We expect your daily tasks and responsibilities to change and grow, and for you to grow along as well. You need to be at ease keeping an overview of several projects at once. You thrive on efficiency and are consistently looking for ways to improve processes.
You’re a team player, working closely with the director, production staff, logistics partner and suppliers.
Your qualifications should show…
- Great communication skills. You’re at ease in English and Dutch, both written and spoken. You can handle issues with customers and suppliers with kindness and professionalism, while keeping the interests of Botanopia and of long-term partnerships in mind.
- You’re a digital native. You’re at ease with the computer, you type fast, you embrace new digital tools & software.
Tools we’re using every day at the office : WordPress, Trello, the Google Suite (Gmail, Spreadsheets, Docs, Drive), Dropbox.
- The ability to accurately follow procedures and document processes.
- An affinity with numbers and systems. You can be trusted to accurately record inventory, but also administrative paperwork such as invoices.
- A sharp eye for things that needs to be done. You notice when tasks need to be done and anticipate & schedule future tasks.
- You’re stress-resistant. E-commerce is not a business where tasks & customers can just wait for a few more days. You can handle a fast pace and meet deadlines.
- A very hands-on attitude. If you spot something that needs doing, you do it. You’re proactive, and you’re not afraid of a hammer or pallet trolley.
- Interest and experience in e-commerce and plants is a plus.
- French or German as an extra language is also a plus.
- You live in Amsterdam or environs.
- You are an EU/EAA citizen or already have a work permit for the Netherlands.
We’re looking for a new team member with the right attitude and aptitude, more than specific diplomas. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t have a specifically related education.
Wat bieden wij
We’re offering a full-time position (40 hrs/week), Monday to Friday, to work from our office full of plants, in Amsterdam Nieuw West. We’re starting with a one-year contract, with the intention to make it a permanent position.
We’re looking for someone available to start soon, ideally before December 2021.
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Junior Office Manager? Then we’d love to hear from you! Apply now.
Send us your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to use “Let it Grow” as your subject line.