We are a textile innovation company based in Amsterdam where we’re focused on drastically changing the textile industry as we know it today. With an in-house knit lab with a range of circular knitting machines, extensive yarn library, a creative atelier and a consultancy design company we are experimenting and innovating to create the highest quality knits.
It is our mission to create conscious creators and invite a wide variety of brands from world leading companies, from sportswear, to fashion, all the way to interior and automotive. Some of these brands include adidas, BMW, Rapha, Gore-Tex, and more. We ask these respected institutions to be “part of something bigger” and explore the power of bespoke and conscious textile creation together with us.
The future of BYBORRE is to allow these brands to create in a conscious manner through an online platform (Create™), digitising the full supply chain from designing your unique textile through to producing the fabric. We believe in transparency, supplying creators with tools to design and construct their own knits, based on their specific requirements, and make textile creation a fundamental part of their design process.
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
At BYBORRE we are growing rapidly and we have big ambitions to grow further. For our studio in Amsterdam we’re looking for an Office Manager that will grow together with us and will be the solid foundation of our headquarters playground.
As Office Manager, you are an organisational wizard with experience coordinating operations and assisting team members. You like to think ahead, solve problems independently and to take care of others. Partnering with the Studio Manager and the rest of the back office team, you will be in charge of ensuring that the studio is a great place to work!
What you will be doing as our Office Manager:
- Make sure our office is a well organized, safe and great place to work
- Organise lunches, grocery & supply orders, office cleanings and recycling
- Schedule studio maintenance & coordinate studio upgrades
- Welcome clients, suppliers and guests to our studio
- Coordinate travel & manage hotel bookings
- Organize team events, birthdays and other fun stuff!
- Make sure our internal and external storage is well organized
- Occasional pick-ups and drop-offs with the BYBORRE Caddy
- Support the team with shipping and logistics
- Coordinate the studio security & safety
- Keep in touch with our lovely neighbours & landlord
- Improve studio protocols & processes
- Support in onboarding new team members
- Do administrative tasks
- Do hands-on tasks in and around the studio
We are looking for someone who takes ownership of the tasks attributed to role and proactively signals tensions and opportunities and acts thereon. As a growing organization, there are always opportunities to improve and we praise initiative theron.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to work in a dynamic environment and do multiple things at the same time. You are a quick learner and love to work with people! Ultimately, you will be responsible for keeping everything in the studio running smoothly and as such allow your colleagues to do their work, better.
What we’re looking for in the ideal candidate:
Not all of these are must haves, so please take the leap to get in touch even if you don’t feel you meet all criteria:
- A college level (HBO) education and/or 2-3 years Office Management experience
- Office Management and/or Hospitality education background is a plus
- Excellent in Dutch and English, both written and verbal (our studio default is English)
- Positive and open mindset, like to get your hands dirty
- Resourcefulness and ability to show strong initiative
- Communicating clearly and helping others to do the same
- A self-starter, responsible, organized and reliable
- Drivers licence
- “BHV” license is a plus
Wat bieden wij
Be part of a dynamic, international team in Amsterdam
Salary based on experience level
Individual pension plan
Travel expenses covered
Daily, healthy office lunch, drinks & snacks
A steep learning curve and an unforgettable adventure