Filling Pieces is an Amsterdam-based fashion label with a strong core in luxury footwear.
Founded in 2009 by Guillaume Philibert, the brand continues with the aim of bridging the gap between different worlds. Influenced by its melting pot of cultural roots, Filling Pieces believes in bringing together opposites and creating a world where talent and creativity can flourish.
What started out as one sneaker silhouette created to form a bridge between streetwear and high-end fashion segments, has now grown into a design label with an extended product portfolio of Ready-To-Wear and accessories. All products are carefully made – mostly in Portugal, with a high value on quality and craftsmanship. The brand’s global distribution network exists of high-end boutiques, department stores and top-tier sneaker accounts which include Barneys New York, KITH, SSENSE, Selfridges, United Arrows & Sons, Mr Porter, and END. Clothing.
Having a strong and diverse cultural background and deeply-rooted connection to the worlds of art, architecture, music and sports, Filling Pieces champions its international community of like-minded people, with seasonal activations, showrooms, and experiences in London, Paris, New York and its hometown, Amsterdam.
Filling Pieces’ headquarters is home to a group of talented individuals with a multitude of ethnicities and backgrounds, which gives the brand its global outlook. The company also has a production office and development lab in Portugal. Within the next few years the brand’s ambition is to open up physical retail locations in its key markets – London, New York, Paris and Amsterdam, whilst also expanding its e-commerce.
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
An eye for fashion? Sneaker fetish? Follower of the latest design trends? Constantly thinking you could make a graphic a little bit better and have more impact? Is brand design what you love to work on? At Filling Pieces we are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Graphic Designer to join our FP Studio. You will work closely with Art Direction, Digital Design and be at the centre of our Marketing Department. You’ll work on sketches, moodboards, final designs, take our brand design to the next level and most importantly, stay calm despite the waves of deadlines that come rolling in throughout the season. The design work for Paris Fashion Week, product drops and our outdoor campaigns comes from your hands. Once in a while you support our design team with new ideas for packaging, branding on our core products or a crazy concept for a new release. You know Adobe like the back of your hand. Preferably you know your way around programs including Sketch, Invision or Figma and enjoy logo design, animation or maybe have a passion for fonts.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing and implementing our design strategy + brand look & feel.
- Closely collaborating with our Art Director, Content Manager & Digital Designer.
- Supporting the Project Managers in their needs ranging from Paris Fashion Week, in store materials to social posts and large advertising campaigns.
- Meeting deadlines and setting priorities together with the rest of the studio.
- Taking Filling Pieces to the next level in terms of design.
- You have at least 3+ years of proven experience in Graphic Design.
- You are eager, creative and looking for the next challenge.
- You are highly skilled in the Adobe Suite & preferably can bring extra skills such as animation, developing design systems or digital skills.
- Fluent in English, Dutch and/or other languages is preferable.
- You are able to perform in high pressure environments.
- You have experience working within a studio and a larger team of Creatives.
- You have an obsession for details and are always striving for perfection.
- You can set priorities and ruthlessly chase them.
- You’re a passionate lover of fashion, art, culture and design.
- You’re a change-maker.
- Available full-time or at least 32 hours a week.
Wat bieden wij
We promote an honest and transparent atmosphere and strive to inspire meaningful progress in everything we do. Responsibility and accountability are key values within our company. We are a culturally engaged and innovative, young, ambitious and growing team, united by diversity. We offer an international work environment which is empowered by our progressive and positive mindset.