Grip exists because we think it’s weird that you only learn about your hormones and fertility when something is really wrong. 40% of people with ovaries suffer from hormonal issues, and today’s approach of ‘here’s what we do for the average person’ just doesn’t cut it. We believe you should get access to information about your body whenever and wherever you want.
Our first product focuses on fertility. We offer an at home fertility test through a finger prick analysis, which helps us understand who’s at risk of hormonal issues. Grip is more than a test – we’re a community of people with ovaries who want to take control of their health, whether you want kids or not.
Grip’s founding team is made up of a doctor, an early stage investor, and an experienced product manager. The founding team has worked at Entrepreneur First, NHS, St. Antonius Hospital, Amazon, OnePlus, TransferWise, and Groupon. We raised a round of venture funding in December, from some of the best investors in the world.
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
We are looking for someone to manage our social media channels and write for our blog, website, and ads. You’ll be working with the Growth Lead / digital marketeer on creating high quality, engaging content, both written and through for instance video. You’ll report directly into the Growth Lead and work closely with the founders. If necessary, you’ll manage a design intern. You’ll help us grow from 1000 to 100.000 people tested, so this is an exciting time to join.
Your job spans four areas:
1. Content creation.
You’re responsible for understanding what our customers and community want to hear and learn about, and then making sure we create that content. You’ll work with our doctors, our founders, and other people in the Grip community. We expect you to really get our customers, people with ovaries between 23 and 43, who want to understand their bodies better. You’ll write for our website, our blog, oud ads, make videos, create guest columns, and set up media partnerships and PR opportunities. If you have wild ideas around vlogs, setting up a podcast, or anything else – this is your kingdom.
2. Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Medium, LinkedIn, Pinterest etc
You’re responsible for our social channels. Your targets are growth & engagement. You’re building a community of customers and potential customers, strengthening our brand.
3. Manage our influencers & distribution partnerships.
You’ll identify who we should work with, reach out to them, and are end to end responsible for setting up influencer and distribution partnerships. We’ve worked with some really exceptional women and we’d love to continue this trend, also in the United Kingdom and other future Grip markets. You’ll also figure out who we should have partnerships with (eg LotteLust, or brands with a similar audience).
4. Customer development.
Grip is very much a startup, and we need to learn from our (non) customers. You’ll identify trends and issues early, and help both the product and the digital marketing teams understand what to look out for. You are analytical in how you deliver your feedback – you track and adjust based on data.
- You’re smart, which shows through either a degree from a top tier university, or you’ve found another way to show what you can do.
- You’re a really good writer: you know how to resonate with our customers in both English and Dutch. Maybe you’ve blogged before, or written articles or advertising content.
- You’re familiar with social media management tools such as Facebook Business & Google analytics.
- You’re analytical – you know how to read and implement changes in website analytics and advertising feedback.
- You’re excited to work in a startup environment.
- You have strong beliefs around the future of women’s hormonal health.
- We’d rather hire for potential than for experience, so don’t worry too much about ticking all the boxes.
- Grip works for people with ovaries, but we welcome applications from all genders.
Wat bieden wij
- A full time role in an early stage, female founded, venture backed company
- €30 – 35k salary, depending on experience
- 0.25 – 0.5% equity, depending on experience (we’re all co-owners!)
- Amsterdam based (we’re next to the Bijenkorf!), remote working possible
- A Swapfiets
- Monthly full team dinners, an annual company retreat abroad (if COVID permits..)
- A chance to shape the future of women’s health