KLABU creates sportswear to build sports clubs in refugee camps. We use the power of sports to support the unbeatable spirit of refugees by sparking much-needed hope, joy and positivity in refugee camps.
We are a unique combination of a brand and an NGO. Developing and selling products helps us to grow our club of supporters and to finance our projects in refugee camps; each KLABU product is a symbol of honour and support!
In May 2021, we opened a new store in Amsterdam at Haarlemmerdijk 106. In the store we share the KLABU story with a large audience, we showcase and sell our products and bring together our Amsterdam community from different backgrounds, which is growing everyday. The store also doubles as an office for the KLABU team.
Atia and Sam from our team run the store and we are now looking for an intern who wants to work closely with them to gain experience in retail and to support KLABU on our mission to improve lives in refugee camps!
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
Are you looking for a learning experience in retail that combines making business with doing good? Then we are looking for you as an intern for our KLABU Amsterdam Store!
In this role you will assist the team in managing the KLABU Amsterdam Store and selling KLABU products:
- Be an inspiring ambassador for KLABU in Amsterdam
- Assist with storytelling and sales
- Assist with the day-to-day management of the store
- Assist with merchandising and window display
- Assist with stock management
- You are a firm believer in KLABU’s mission. You have a strong interest in the refugee cause and you live sports, fashion and contemporary culture.
- You have strong communication skills. You are fluent in English. And you speak Dutch or you want to learn Dutch (we will help you).
- You have a strong entrepreneurial mindset.
- You have a structured yet inventive way of working. You have an attention to detail.
- You are available to work from our store / clubhouse / office in Amsterdam.
Wat bieden wij
- This is an internship position in a growing organization, with an opportunity for a permanent role at KLABU.
- We offer a monthly compensation for all our interns.
- Start: as soon as possible.
Next to that you get to work with a group of experienced professionals from diverse cultural backgrounds, all committed to making a real difference for the people living in refugee camps around the world!
Interested? Please tell us why you’re the one on firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application and CV prior to 4 March 2022.