“KLABU is a chance for our voices to be heard” are the words of Lillian, 25, who fled from Ethiopia and who is a member of the first KLABU sports club in Kalobeyei, Kenya. Lillian’s dream is to break down the stereotypes that exist around refugees and elevate her voice beyond the dusty plains of Kalobeyei. Are you the one who will help Lillian to make this happen?
At KLABU we build sports clubs in refugee camps and we also create sportswear to raise funds and build bridges across borders. We are a unique combination of a brand and an NGO. And we are on a big adventure.
Everyday so much happens in the KLABU world, we are made of stories – stories from the people in the camps, stories from our partners who join us on our mission to make life a bit better for refugees, stories from our team members who themselves have a refugee background. We want to tell these stories to the world and invite everyone to join the KLABU.
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
Do you have a strong sense for stories that move the world forward and a super whitty pen? Are you the one who can make people feel the unbeatable spirit? Then we are looking for you as our Storyteller / Creative Writer!
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden:
- Collect KLABU stories and translate them into content that we can share across KLABU channels: social media, website, newsletter, blogs.
- Build the content orchestrations and provide the captions and copy that ties it all together.
- Work closely with our content teams in the refugee camps, with our partners, with the press and with other supporters. Be the voice of KLABU.
- Work with the KLABU team on the bigger campaign briefs.
- You have excellent writing skills (English). You have a proven track record on (written) storytelling.
- You also have excellent oral communication skills (English).
- You are a firm believer in KLABU’s mission. You have a strong interest in the refugee cause and you live sports, fashion and contemporary culture.
- You are in touch with what’s happening in the world (from global to urban level), in relation to the refugee cause, to politics as well as youth culture and of course you have a lot of “humanity”.
- You are always sensitive to the meaning / added value of what we say and do.
- You have a hands on and can-do mentality.
- You have a strong entrepreneurial mindset.
- You have a structured yet inventive way of working. You have an attention to detail.
- You are available to work (every now and then) from our store / clubhouse / office in Amsterdam.
Wat bieden wij
- This is either a full time position (preferably), or a part time or freelance position, with an opportunity for a permanent role at KLABU, depending on what works best. Availability required for at least 3 days per week;
- Start: as soon as possible.
Next to that you get to work with a group of experienced professionals from diverse cultural backgrounds, all committed to making a real difference for the people living in refugee camps around the world! We offer you a relatively high level of creative freedom, a great learning environment and first and foremost a cause that makes real change in people’s lives.
Interested? Please tell us why you’re the one on firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application and CV prior to 18 May 2022.