Studio Morf is a petite branding and design studio run by art director Sarah Meers and a team of freelance creative go-getters. After working for a couple of years as an independent creative, new design projects are currently piling up and the studio is ready to take on a junior graphic design employee.
At Morf, we work on design in the broadest sense of the word: from art direction to packaging design, editorial design, print and online. But our main focus lies in brand design: shaping a brand from the strategic foundation up to a complete visual identity that ticks all the boxes.
We work for a wide range of different clients and design projects on a daily basis.
Clients so far have included: &C Magazine, Comedy Central, D-reizen, Glamour, Hudson’s Bay, Naïf Skincare, Nubikk, Nickelodeon, RTL Live entertainment, Salsa Shop and SLA. And we love book design too and work for a number of Dutch publishing houses.
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
In this function, you will be collaborating closely with founder Sarah Meers. Where she will be focusing on the larger branding projects (and finally making that website happen), you will be focusing on all the daily executing design tasks at hand.
A day at Morf:
- You will be spending your days in one of the following programmes: Indesign (mainly), Illustrator or Photoshop.
- You will be working on a wide range of (DTP) incoming graphic design projects. Think of: a flyer design for a skincare brand, social media templates for a branding trajectory we just released or filling in all the pages of a book design that is off to the printer any day now.
- When feedback comes in for current projects, you’ll be the one making sure all details are set before sending it off again to the client.
We are looking for you:
- Your heart ticks from working on executing/DTP-designs.
- You are the type of person who goes wild for good organisation (hello, colour-coordinated agenda’s and a proper folder structure).
- Your work is precise, no details go unnoticed by you.
- You have a creative heart and are able to translate this into aesthetically pleasing designs.
- You are a design wizard when it comes to the Adobe Suite and eager to keep up with all the latest tricks and developments.
- You like to work for a wide range of different clients, often on a tight deadline.
- You speak fluent Dutch, but are also able to communicate in English.
Wat bieden wij
What we will offer you:
- This vacancy is starting at 24 hours a week, but is aimed to be lengthened to 32/full-time hours.
- Salary is based on €1850 for a full-time function.
- Holiday pay and 24 vacation days based on a full-time contract.
- A lovely office spot at the creative Hub the Greiner in the centre of Haarlem.
- An Imac to work on.
- The possibility to develop yourself (i.e. via extra courses).
- An informal working environment and a place where you can develop yourself in the design-related field.
Are you the one we are looking for?
Apply now by sending us a mail (this can be in either Dutch or English) with your portfolio at email@example.com before Wednesday the 22nd of September. The start date is aimed at the 1st of November.