Too Good To Go is the world’s number 1 app for fighting food waste. Why do we need to do that? Because 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste!
Our app has more than 33 million users across the globe, but we’re more than an app. Our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to take action against food waste, so we’re doing all we can to create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste. We’re growing fast with 15 active countries currently and more to come and we are a certified B Corporation. But here’s what really matters: through our app, we’ve saved more than 64 million meals from the bin – and it’s only the beginning!
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but did we mention the issue is huge? We are looking for a Head of Marketing to help us tackle this issue even faster and accelerate our growth!
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
We are looking for an experienced, dedicated and self-driven Head of Marketing who will play a key role in the growth and development of Too Good To Go in the Netherlands. This is a great challenge for a Marketing leader who can grow, lead and nurture an enthusiastic team in a fast-paced environment without losing sight of our mission. The role will be part of the Global Marketing team, where best practices and learnings will be shared across borders, and you’ll become part of our tribe of 750 waste warriors around the globe.
You will divide your time between the operational challenges and strategic support of our Marketing team. The team consists of a diverse group of specialists in the field of PR, Content, Creative, Graphic Designer and B2B.
During the past years we built an incredibly strong brand, with more than 2 million app users, several Marketing nominations and by becoming the most inspirational company in 2019 and 2020. Now it is time to build further on the consumer community we have and expand by engaging our B2B partners to join our movement beyond our marketplace. Your role will be to build new strategic relationships (Commercial, NGO, government), generate demand and attract new consumers and partners to the marketplace, as well as to continuously improve the performance of the Marketing team.
As a member of the NL Management Team you report to the Country Manager and will co-create & execute the Dutch strategy and make sure the overall team temperature of the (Marketing) organization is consistently high thanks to the way you lead your team and inspire people to bring their best. You:
- Drive and execute – together with your team – all integrated marketing plans, country communication and PR initiatives that support business objectives.
- Work with our global team to create the strategic positioning and messaging for Too Good To Go towards our key audiences and overall ecosystem.
- Drive our demand generation with end-to-end acquisition campaigns and launch processes for all growth endeavors (e.g., ideation, creative development, targeting, execution, measurement).
- Responsible for all B2C and B2B actions for Too Good To Go in NL from beginning to end.
- Measure marketing program effectiveness and KPIs to drive continuous improvement in strategy and output.
- Inspire and empower as a Leader by building a high-performance Marketing culture within the team to support our mission and business objectives.
- Develop your team by using your in-depth knowledge and experience of different Marketing methodologie and ensure the team fulfills their potential and constantly train, coach, mentor and support them for peak performance.
- Strong experience working and leading in Marketing (7+ years). This has exposed you to different brand and marketing environments and methodologies that you can draw on to lead the NL -Marketing team.
- Natural leader with both an eye for the business and the people, experience in managing a team and an exceptional understanding of how to motivate a team.
- Proven track record with B2B Partnerships and bringing a strong brand to the next level by engaging partners.
- Strategic and broad Marketing mindset with a flair for creative thinking and pushing beyond the obvious.
- You’re a brilliant communicator with the ability to translate ideas into marketing actions and measurable objectives.
- You have exceptional organizational skills and the capability to multitask comfortably.
- You have the willingness to learn and adapt in an ever-changing fast-growing environment.
- You are a make-it-happen person who doesn’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves – but you also think about the long-term business implications and requirements.
- You have a true passion for sustainability – you understand the urgency of action for the planet.
- You speak Dutch fluently and are a top of the class English speaker.
- Experience in tech or F&B companies is a strong plus.
Wat bieden wij
What we have to offer
- An unique opportunity to work in a social impact organization (and certified B Corporation) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 750 enthusiastic and highly talented waste warriors across 15 countries (and counting) – always ready to share knowledge and support.
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your potential and shape our local Marketing Strategy.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- A competitive salary package.