We are a global platform connecting professionals and audiences through trustworthy visual journalism and storytelling, founded in 1955 when a group of Dutch photographers organized a contest (“World Press Photo”) to expose their work to an international audience. Since then, our mission has expanded. Our contests have grown into the world’s most prestigious competitions, rewarding the best in visual journalism and digital storytelling. Through our successful worldwide exhibition program and our digital platforms, we present the stories that matter to millions of people. Our Develop programs – including the 6×6 Global Talent Program, the African Photojournalism Database, the Joop Swart Masterclass, the Solutions Visual Journalism Initiative, and the West Africa Visual Journalism Initiative – encourage stories highlighting different perspectives of the world.
The World Press Photo Foundation is a creative, independent, nonprofit organization, based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. We appreciate the support of our global partner, the Dutch Postcode Lottery, and our partners Aegon and PwC.
For more information, visit www.worldpressphoto.org or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
The Communications team consists of 4 team members and is currently looking for an experienced, motivated and hands-on individual to join them. The Communications and Projects Manager will work together with the team to implement the foundation’s communications strategy and execute communications initiatives.
- Developing and executing communications strategies to engage our different audiences;
- Developing and producing communications content for the foundation’s activities, including branding, design, media and digital content;
- Supporting media announcements for the foundation’s programs, contests and exhibitions;
- Writing and posting content for a global audience on our digital platforms;
- Advise on and manage development of campaigns and implementation of communications projects;
- Redeveloping digital content and marketing for our activities;
- Working to ensure projects are executed via digital channels including the website, online advertising, social media and email marketing.
- Native or near native in both spoken and written English;
- At least 5 years experience in campaign management, communications, media, or marketing;
- Demonstrable success in developing and implementing successful communications campaigns and projects;
- Experience engaging with different audiences and stakeholders;
- Experience in online marketing channels;
- Self-starting, well organized, flexible and able to manage competing deadlines;
- General knowledge of and an interest in culture, media, or visual journalism;
- Experience with communications programs as social media platforms, content management systems, MailChimp, Adobe Photoshop or InDesign, or similar;
- General knowledge of organizational management tools, such as Google Drive, Asana, Slack or similar.
Wat bieden wij
What we offer
We offer a position with a variety of tasks and responsibilities in a dynamic working atmosphere. You will get the chance to work with colleagues across the organization on maintaining and developing the communications and media profile of the foundation and all its activities worldwide.
We would like you to start as soon as possible, for a period of 6 months. This is a temporary position for 32 hours per week, with a preferred starting date of no later than 15 October 2020. We can also consider freelancers.
Information and application
The World Press Photo Foundation strives to be an inclusive environment and is fully committed to this in the recruitment, selection and placement of staff. All interested parties, regardless of race, color, religion, age or gender, are welcome to apply. The WPPF believes that diversity and inclusion among the staff is critical to its success and wants to enhance the diversity of its workforce to reflect the world we live in.
This position is only open to EU citizens or individuals with an existing, valid work permit for the EU.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please contact Anita Huynh, acting Manager of Communications (+31(0)20-6766096 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or Janneke Kamp, HR Assistant (+31(0)20-6766096 or email@example.com).
How to apply
Please respond in English before Monday 28 September by filling in the application form. Please submit both your CV and a letter of motivation as a pdf document. The first round of interviews will be held on 1 and 2 October.
You can start your application by clicking the button ‘solliciteer nu’.