Filling Pieces is an Amsterdam-based fashion label with a strong core in luxury footwear.
Founded in 2009 by Guillaume Philibert, the brand continues with the aim of bridging the gap between different worlds. Influenced by its melting pot of cultural roots, Filling Pieces believes in bringing together opposites and creating a world where talent and creativity can flourish.
What started out as one sneaker silhouette created to form a bridge between streetwear and high-end fashion segments, has now grown into a design label with an extended product portfolio of Ready-To-Wear and accessories. All products are carefully made – mostly in Portugal, with a high value on quality and craftsmanship. The brand’s global distribution network exists of high-end boutiques, department stores and top-tier sneaker accounts which include Barneys New York, KITH, SSENSE, Selfridges, United Arrows & Sons, Mr Porter, and END. Clothing.
Having a strong and diverse cultural background and deeply-rooted connection to the worlds of art, architecture, music and sports, Filling Pieces champions its international community of like-minded people, with seasonal activations, showrooms, and experiences in London, Paris, New York and its hometown, Amsterdam.
Filling Pieces’ headquarters is home to a group of talented individuals with a multitude of ethnicities and backgrounds, which gives the brand its global outlook. The company also has a production office and development lab in Portugal. Within the next few years the brand’s ambition is to open up physical retail locations in its key markets – London, New York, Paris and Amsterdam, whilst also expanding its e-commerce.
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
At Filling Pieces we are looking for a super organised and energetic Jr. Art Director to join our FP Studio. You have all the modelling agencies on speed dial, have run plenty of shoots and come from a styling, production or design background in fashion. You will be the backbone of our Art Direction department. Together with our Art Director and team you will be the one making things happen: planning shoots, scouting locations, arrange styling, book models, negotiate fees, working on concepts, moodboards and most importantly, this is carried out in a structured way. At Filling Pieces we have footwear, ready-to-wear, accessories, bags and sunglasses that all have their own shoots, campaigns and content productions throughout the season. Twice a year we are at Paris Fashion Week and orchestrate a collection viewing. Are you the one that makes this all happen and more? Are you organised, structured and unfazed when a new season and new deadlines arrive?
This is what you’ll be doing:
- Organising, planning and orchestrating most of the productions that run through Art Direction and the FP Studio.
- Managing the Art Directional team within the Studio such as the AD intern(s), the styling process and managing the marketing styling collections.
- Being the first point of contact for Art Direction within the FP Studio, the Marketing Team and the whole of Filling Pieces.
- Managing the styling budget, spending, purchases and returns.
- Managing the agenda and planning of our Art Director.
- Running and producing shoots and productions on location, taking care of travel plans, logistics and communications within the Marketing Department and 3rd parties.
- Booking models, locations and travel, negotiating fees and buy-outs together with our FP Studio Manager.
- Organising, checking and following up on all content produced, such as photography, video and any other assets.
- Checking all graphic design is on-brand and adhering to guidelines.
- Briefing design and the rest of marketing on lay-out & image selection.
- Developing moodboards, styling plans and concepts for our Art Direction productions together with the AD and the rest of the team.
- Representing our female target audience within the productions for Footwear, Ready to Wear, Accessories and Sunglasses.
- You have at least 2+ years of proven experience in Art Direction or role as Producer within fashion.
- You are structured and you have an eye for detail.
- You are hands on and ready to take on the productional side of Art Direction.
- Fluent in English, Dutch and/or other languages is a pre.
- You are able to perform in high pressure environments.
- You have experience working within a studio and a larger team of Creatives.
- You have a passion for fashion, art, culture & design.
- You preferably have a network of agencies, Photographers, Editors & Stylists.
- You enjoy experimentation within Art Direction.
- You are skilled in Photoshop & InDesign.
- Available full-time or at least 32 hours a week.
Wat bieden wij
We promote an honest and transparent atmosphere and strive to inspire meaningful progress in everything we do. Responsibility and accountability are key values within our company. We are a culturally engaged and innovative, young, ambitious and growing team, united by diversity. We offer an international work environment which is empowered by our progressive and positive mindset.