The Jimmy Nelson Foundation aims to contribute to safeguarding and sharing knowledge about the world’s indigenous cultures. The pictures made by photographer Jimmy Nelson are the basis for the Foundations’ work. The Foundation is moving to a new phase to increase her contribution to local communities. More information about the Jimmy Nelson Foundation can be found on the website.
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
We are looking for a Foundation Manager, a hands-on person to further build the organization in this new phase. The focus for the next year(s) will be on two main activities:
- The contracting of local partners, which can support indigenous people on the ground, to contribute to safeguarding their local traditions and cultures.
- The development of a global, online ‘museum’, to share knowledge about the world’s indigenous cultures to a much larger audience, thereby increasing respect for their cultures and traditions.
Working at the Jimmy Nelson Foundation implies a strong collaboration with the team at the Studio. The manager reports to the board of the Foundation and for now, the Foundation will be a single-person organisation.
We are looking for a passionate, pro-active and result-oriented person, who enjoys setting up new organisations, projects or initiatives. We believe an entrepreneurial spirit, sensitivity in working with other cultures and seniority in appearance are key in achieving that. In addition, interest in indigenous cultures and working with international partners is preferred.
- Project management, especially in setting up new projects and/or initiatives
- Contracting & contract management, in order to work with property rights of Jimmy Nelson’s work and contract management with local organisations
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, in at least English and Dutch. Additional languages are preferred, to ease working with partner organisations in other countries
- The ability to individually handle a large and diverse workload.
Wat bieden wij
In order to be able to fulfill the role of Jimmy Nelson Foundation Manager, we believe it is important to meet the following conditions:
- Relevant working experience
- Working 24 – 40 hours / week, flexible in location and working hours
- Ability to work in the Amsterdam office at least once a week, to be able to connect with the rest of the Jimmy Nelson team
- Target date to start: January 1st, 2022
Do you feel this role suits you? We are looking forward to your letter, in which we invite you to share why you would be the right person for this new phase of the Foundation. Please also attach your resume with relevant working experience. The deadline for these letters is October 25th.
We are looking forward to your application!