DRIFT operates with light installations and art projects. DRIFT focuses on the dialogue between seeming contradictions; nature and technology, science and emotions, science fiction and reality. Nature is her leading source of inspiration, where the creative process is fuelled by innovation and technology. Our studio is internationally oriented and is located in the top segment of the creative world.
DRIFT is founded by Lonneke Gordijn and Ralph Nauta (artists and founders) and is in continuous dialogue with the international art scene, setting up and maintaining a worldwide network of curators, press and fair directors. In our studio in Amsterdam, we work with 50 people on the development and production of artworks and installations that are sold all over the world.
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
As a PA you will provide support to Ralph Nauta (founder), helping him to make the best use of his time and energy by dealing with all-round project management, optimization of work processes, picking up on opportunities, implementing marketing and PR-goals within the team. For private and business purposes, you will also be dealing with secretarial and administrative tasks.
- Organizing and optimizing Ralph’s work and personal life;
- Expanding art and tech-world networks and seizing opportunities;
- Being up-to-date on important (art) worldwide events;
- Serving as the right hand of Ralph during business travels and meetings. You will become his second brain, you’ll have things sorted and booked before he asks;
- Project management, extracting information from meetings and contracts and briefing the team to follow up on it;
- Dealing with incoming communication, correspondence on behalf of Ralph;
- Hosting VIP’s in our Amsterdam studio;
- Travel reservations (flight, restaurant, accommodation and visa);
- Private and business administration;
- Extensive background research on people and businesses;
- Ensuring Ralph is well-prepared for meetings;
- Private and business social engagement management.
The PA acts within our office team of the Managing Director Operations, Head of People, Culture and Studios, Head of Communication and the Financial Controller. You report directly to Ralph and indirectly to the Managing Director Operations.
Required skills and characteristics:
- Accurate and structured worker;
- Knowing how to act on important international events and seize opportunities;
- Independent, organized planner;
- Very good social and communication skills, being able to communicate with high level and demanding clients and contacts;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Workspace;
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is a plus;
- Perfect command of the English and Dutch language in word and writing;
- Other language skills are appreciated;
- Discrete and confidential;
- Flexible working attitude;
- Comfortable in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment;
- Stress resistant.
Wat bieden wij
- The chance to work in a unique international art studio that excels in impossible art projects and collaborating with the biggest names in the industry;
- A dynamic international environment, state-of-the-art and unique projects and artworks;
- A market conform salary;
- Working in a very open, international team in Amsterdam;
- Outings and drinks;
- The position is for 40 hours a week, on the basis of a temporary contract with the possibility of extending the contract.