Who we are
We are a certified B Corporation and see business as a force of good. We are growing fast and are looking for reinforcements. We support brands in driving positive change in their organisation and sector. We combine extensive knowledge of complex sustainability challenges with the talent to translate that into meaningful strategies, implementation and communication.
The Terrace has experience with clients in a wide range of sectors and has food & agriculture, fashion & textiles, the energy transition and circular economy as focus areas. In the past 12 years we have worked for more than 145 clients, ranging from large international companies and SMEs to NGOs and governments, such as Albert Heijn, ASICS, The Vegetarian Butcher, Rituals, Beter Leven keurmerk, Tony’s Chocolonely, MVO Nederland, the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and many others.
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
The Terrace is looking for a super talented graphic designer with a heart for sustainability to join our team. We are a passionate agency that is 100% committed to positive change. You will seize the opportunity to work on different sustainability campaigns for national and international clients. You will do this together with an ambitious and dynamic team in the heart of Amsterdam. As a team, we inspire clients to put sustainability at the heart of their strategy, and to inspire and activate their stakeholders through strong communication. This way, they take on their role as drivers of the new economy.
Your role in the team
With communication, we bring abstract strategies to life and want to activate people. It’s your job to bring campaign concepts to life with appealing designs. From (campaign) brand designs to social media posts, from website to annual report. You will be involved in the (strategic) concept at an early stage and develop communication tools independently. You come up with creative solutions that fit with what our clients have in mind. You do this in cooperation with our consultants, creatives and copywriters. In addition, you’ll help with presentations and you’ll enjoy sharpening and maintaining the identity of The Terrace. You bring the knowledge, confidence and energy to inspire and help our visual projects along.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Designing and developing corporate identities, annual reports, communication tools and on/offline campaigns for our clients
- Supporting the team in designing presentations and models
- Monitoring and maintaining our corporate identity, website, socials and emailings
Next to your project work, our team offers and encourages entrepreneurship and flexibility to develop your own ideas, wherever you see opportunities.
Your skills & experience
- You have the drive to make an impact and a proven interest in sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility
- 2 to 3 years of experience at design/advertising agencies
- You are skilled in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. MailChimp and WordPress are a plus, as is the creation of videos, animations or motion graphics
- Good understanding of the Dutch and English language (so you can design effectively in both languages).
- Creative, flexible, result-oriented & a pro-active mentality, so you can quickly switch between subjects, clients and the team
Wat bieden wij
Good to know
- We offer a contract for 24 – 32 hours per week for 7 months, after which we look together at possible extension and renewal
- We offer a competitive salary, which will be based on the experience you bring, and 25 vacation days (based on 40 hours per week
- We have a fun, informal working atmosphere in a dynamic organisation that works with the brightest people in their fields
Interested? Write or even better design your motivation. Send it together with your CV and portfolio via the link before the 1st of July 2021. If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.