In our studio in Amsterdam we work with 40 people of more than ten nationalities on the development and production of artworks and installations that are sold and exhibited all over the world. Since each project requires unique skills and knowledge we collaborate with a wide array of external professionals while doing all custom development and production in house.
DRIFT, founded by Lonneke Gordijn and Ralph Nauta, is a dynamic art studio that develops site specific often kinetic installations that incorporate state-of-the-art technologies. DRIFT focuses on the dialogue between seeming contradictions between nature and technology. Nature is a leading source of inspiration, where the creative process is fueled by innovation and technology. Our studio is internationally oriented and is located in the top segment of the international art and design world.
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
We are looking for a versatile and highly-organized assistant to perform personalized duties for senior management regarding our Productions department, in assistance to the Head of Productions. In this role, you will be responsible for scheduling meetings, taking notes, and handling correspondence on behalf of this Head of Productions. You may also be required to make travel arrangements and assist with other duties when required.
To ensure success as an assistant, you should exhibit excellent organizational skills and demonstrable experience in a similar role. Accomplished assistants are intuitive to the needs of the managers and work autonomously to provide customized support.
- Reporting to Head of Productions and performing relevant supportive duties.
- Typing, formatting, and editing reports, documents, and presentations.
- Entering data, maintaining databases, and keeping records.
- Liaising with internal departments and the producers, answering calls, and making travel arrangements.
- Managing internal and external correspondence on behalf of the Head of Productions.
- Scheduling appointments, maintaining an events calendar, and sending reminders.
- Preparing facilities for scheduled events and arranging refreshments, if required.
- Observing best business practices and etiquette, all in fund of improving the productions department.
- HBO/Bachelor Degree / Level.
- Flexible work ethics
- Certification in secretarial work, office administration, or related training.
- Well organized, with preferable a background/degree in art and/or industrial design.
- 1-2 years of experience as a personal assistant would be advantageous.
- Extensive experience in creating documents and spreadsheets, using office software such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced typing, note-taking, recordkeeping, and organizational skills.
- Great work ethics when it comes to scheduling, logistics, admin and calendar management.
- Ability to manage internal and external correspondence.
- Experienced with Adobe, vision regarding technology/robotics and experienced when it comes to production management/works.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Dutch is a plus.
- Experience with Exact is a pre.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
Wat bieden wij
- The chance to work in a unique international art studio that excels in impossible art projects and collaborating with the biggest names in the industry.
- A dynamic international environment, state-of-the-art and unique projects and artworks.
- A market conform salary
- Working in a very open, international team in Amsterdam
- Outings and drinks
- The position is for 36/40 hours a week, on the basis of a temporary contract with the possibility of extending the contract.