In our studio in Amsterdam we work with 40 people of more than ten nationalities on the development and production of artworks and installations that are sold and exhibited all over the world. Since each project requires unique skills and knowledge we collaborate with a wide array of external professionals while doing all custom development and production in house.
DRIFT, founded by Lonneke Gordijn and Ralph Nauta, is a dynamic art studio that develops site specific often kinetic installations that incorporate state-of-the-art technologies. DRIFT focuses on the dialogue between seeming contradictions between nature and technology. Nature is a leading source of inspiration, where the creative process is fueled by innovation and technology. Our studio is internationally oriented and is located in the top segment of the international art and design world.
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
The Coördinator Exhibitions / Registrar will manage and coordinate all exhibitions and special encounters projects throughout their lifecycle. You’ll coordinate multiple stakeholders such as international museums, biennales, fairs and events worldwide. This goes for several projects, in- and externally, ensuring the smooth delivery of exhibitions around the world. What more could wish for in a job?!
You’ll sit within the future projects team, report to Lead Creative Future Projects and work closely with communications, sales and productions departments. The Coördinator Exhibitions / Registrar monitors the exhibition calendar, locations of the artworks, creates quotes and maintains an overview of the pending inquiries.
Your responsibilities will be: making and negotiating budgets, arranging logistics internally and externally, organising, planning, discussing proposals, overview of stock and locations of artworks. Reports of status / quality / maintenance of the artworks, negotiate contracts, flawless communication.
Required skills and characteristics
- Organisational skills: getting things done!
- Very good communication skills, both spoken and written
- Knowledge of the international art world and market is a pre
- Knowledge of and having fun with connecting and communicating with cultures from all over the world
- Technical and organisational skills: gaining in depth knowledge of all DRIFT artworks and their installations and being able to communicate about them
- Project and senior stakeholder management experience
- Stress resistant with a hands-on mentality
- Fluent in English language in word and writing
- Knowledge of Adobe suites
- Experience in a similar position in a museum or international gallery
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Driven, no 9-5 mentality, flexible
Wat bieden wij
- The chance to work in a unique international art studio that excels in impossible art projects and collaborating with the biggest names in the industry.
- A dynamic international environment, state-of-the-art and unique projects and artworks.
- A market conform salary
- Working in a very open, international team in Amsterdam
- Outings and drinks
- The position is for 28/32 hours a week spread over 4 days, on the basis of a temporary contract with the possibility of extending the contract.
Image: Dario Lasagni