In our studio in Amsterdam we work with 40 people of more than ten nationalities on the development and production of artworks and installations that are sold and exhibited all over the world. Since each project requires unique skills and knowledge we collaborate with a wide array of external professionals while doing all custom development and production in house.
DRIFT, founded by Lonneke Gordijn and Ralph Nauta, is a dynamic art studio that develops site specific often kinetic installations that incorporate state-of-the-art technologies. DRIFT focuses on the dialogue between seeming contradictions between nature and technology. Nature is a leading source of inspiration, where the creative process is fueled by innovation and technology. Our studio is internationally oriented and is located in the top segment of the international art and design world.
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
The Future Projects Assistant is the first point of contact for all sales related topics for our galleries. You receive the inquiries and ensure that requests are translated within the studio into creative, technical and financial proposals. You forward the necessary information to the creative and technical teams and make sure that deadlines are met. The Future Projects Assistant monitors this internal sales process, creates quotes and maintains an overview of the pending leads and sold editions.
Furthermore, the Future Projects Assistant handles the general direct inquiries. You communicate with the clients and galleries, create quotes and close deals. In addition, you assist with operational responsibilities such as maintaining our CRM system and the sales administrations.
Required skills and characteristics
- Very good communication skills, both spoken and written
- Good knowledge of the international art world and market is a pre
- Commercial experience, sales experience
- Being able to read technical and architectural drawings is an advantage
- Independent, accurate and structured worker
- Stress resistant with a hands-on mentality
- Fluent in English and Dutch language in word and writing
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Driven, no 9-5 mentality, flexible
- A great empathy in the way clients look at and operate within the (art)world and able to find out what the customer is looking for and expand possibilities into a real opportunity.
Wat bieden wij
- The chance to work in a unique international art studio that excels in impossible art projects and collaborating with the biggest names in the industry.
- A market conform salary
- Working in a very open, international team in Amsterdam
- A training budget, so you can deepen your skills and ambitions
- Outings, drinks and every day a proper lunch
- The position is for 36/40 hours a week, on the basis of a temporary contract with the possibility of extending the contract.
Image: Rex Helsinki