In our studio in Amsterdam we work with 40 people of more than ten nationalities on the development and production of artworks and installations that are sold and exhibited all over the world. Since each project requires unique skills and knowledge we collaborate with a wide array of external professionals while doing all custom development and production in house.
DRIFT, founded by Lonneke Gordijn and Ralph Nauta, is a dynamic art studio that develops site specific often kinetic installations that incorporate state-of-the-art technologies. DRIFT focuses on the dialogue between seeming contradictions between nature and technology. Nature is a leading source of inspiration, where the creative process is fueled by innovation and technology. Our studio is internationally oriented and is located in the top segment of the international art and design world.
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
To be successful in this position you must be accurate and have the right form of integrity. You know how to keep an overview at all times, work almost flawlessly and have a strong understanding of figures. You are an administrative talent and ready for a 2nd or 3rd step in your career. The Assistant Financial Administrator reports to the Financial Administrator and the Financial Controller. They are responsible for the overall financial management and processes within DRIFT. You will work in a fun, stable and international team to which we would like to see new enthusiasm added.
- Daily execution of production & development orders;
- Entering invoices and declarations;
- Compiling and booking sales invoices;
- Support your colleagues with administrative work;
- Answering incoming e-mail, telephone and postal items;
- Prepare payment orders;
- Monitor the progress of the payment process;
- Preparing payment statements;
- Updating creditor lists and answering questions related to creditors;
- Perform month-end closing activities.
- You have completed an education in business administration or accounting, at a minimum on MBO level.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- You know how to work with Exact Online.
- You have no problem working on your “own island”, and are a star in planning and making the right priorities.
- You are analytically strong and accurate.
- You have a great intrinsic motivation regarding learning and developing your skill set.
- You have strong communication skills, well-developed organizational qualities and a sense of humor.
- You master the Dutch and English language in word and writing.
Wat bieden wij
- The chance to work in a unique international art studio that excels in impossible art projects, and collaborates with the biggest names in the industry.
- A competitive salary.
- Working in a very open, international team in Amsterdam.
- Outings, drinks and a good lunch every day.
- The position is for 24/32 hours a week, based on a temporary contract with the possibility of extension.