In our studio in Amsterdam we work with 40 people of more than ten nationalities on the development and production of artworks and installations that are sold and exhibited all over the world. Since each project requires unique skills and knowledge we collaborate with a wide array of external professionals while doing all custom development and production in house.
DRIFT, founded by Lonneke Gordijn and Ralph Nauta, is a dynamic art studio that develops site specific often kinetic installations that incorporate state-of-the-art technologies. DRIFT focuses on the dialogue between seeming contradictions between nature and technology. Nature is a leading source of inspiration, where the creative process is fueled by innovation and technology. Our studio is internationally oriented and is located in the top segment of the international art and design world.
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
Are you an ambitious hustler, and are you always looking for a publicity opportunity? Do you like working in a team? And being an important part in an exciting art studio working on big and mind-blowing international projects? This is the ideal role for you.
We are looking for a real all-rounder. A strong organisational talent in PR. Somebody with Public Relations experience in art, design and/or architecture.
WHAT YOU DO (responsibilities)
- Coordinate and set up projects in galleries, museums or public spaces. This means; budget, project plan, lots of communication with external parties and event planning
- Contact management. You maintain and archive contact with press, partners, videographers and photographers,
- Press. Make sure you are up-to-date on the media landscape in our field. You will be sending out press releases, follow up with press, set up PR Strategies and set up coverage reports.
- External communications. Website, newsletters, exhibition texts, marketing campaigns; a couple examples of what you and your team create in terms of content
- Project Management. You’ll constantly focus on making sure that all PR matters, and those involved in- and extern from Drift, are able to perform in top notch level.
- Report to the director of communications. Function sits within the marketing and communications team and works closely with the future projects team.
- Minimal 2 year work experience in the field of art, design, architecture
- A BA/MA (HBO) degree in marketing, advertising, journalism or communication is a big plus
- Fluent in English and preferably Dutch
- Strong skills in presentation, organizing and planning
- Disciplined and perfect time management
- You have experience with writing/editing texts and producing print and online content
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop), CRM, CMS and Social Media
- Experience with SEO is very welcome
- You coop well in stressful situations and sudden schedule changes
Wat bieden wij
- The chance to work in a unique international art studio that excels in impossible art projects and collaborating with the biggest names in the industry.
- A dynamic international environment, state-of-the-art and unique projects and artworks.
- A market conform salary
- Working in a very open, international team in Amsterdam
- Outings and drinks
- The position is for 40 hours a week, on the basis of a temporary contract with the possibility of extending the contract.
Image: Ronald Smits