As we follow the local guidelines by the RIVM closely, our staff may still be required to work from home in January. If that is the case, we will ensure daily communication with the exhibitions team and regular “check-ins” online.
The World Press Photo Foundation strives to be an inclusive environment and is fully committed to this in the recruitment, selection and placement of staff. All interested parties, regardless of race, color, religion, age or gender, are welcome to apply. The WPPF believes that diversity and inclusion among the staff is critical to its success and wants to enhance the diversity of its workforce to reflect the world we live in.
At the moment this position is only open to EU citizens or individuals with an existing valid work permit for the EU. For more info visit here.
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
The Exhibitions Team is currently looking for an enthusiastic intern to work with us for 5 months, starting on 11 January 2021.
- You will work with members of the Exhibitions Team, answering to the team’s requests, to:
- support the team in day-to-day activities involving preparations for the exhibition season, such as administrative tasks and updating our CRM system;
- assist with the entire exhibition process, starting from the production of the traveling exhibition to the actual installation of our flagship exhibition in De Nieuwe Kerk, Amsterdam;
- conduct research benefiting the department’s activities;
- support the organization during events.
- You are a Bachelor or Master student;
- You have a strong interest in photography, media and visual journalism. You are eager to learn more about preparing exhibitions on a worldwide level;
- You are creative, well organized and have a good eye for details. You have an ‘all-hands on deck’ attitude;
- You have strong interpersonal and intercultural communication skills;
- You are comfortable and know how to work with Adobe Creative Suite;
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken. A second language would be an asset.
Wat bieden wij
The World Press Photo Foundation is an independent, non-profit organization with its office in Amsterdam. The organization employs around 22 professionals, with 7 staff in the Exhibitions team.
We offer an internship with a variety of tasks and responsibilities in a dynamic working atmosphere. You will get the chance to work in a highly driven environment and learn more from behind the scenes of one of our foundation’s most famous activities: the traveling exhibition.
The start of the internship will be 11 January 2021 for a period of 5 months. Working hours can be somewhat flexible depending on events, but on average you will work 32 hours per week. We offer a compensation of €500 per month (gross/fulltime).