Our mission is to set the industry standard for designing, developing and growing a D2C e-commerce experience.
The industry is still young, still growing, and so right now there are no standards for how to build a successful store. We keep ourselves open to experimentation, new ideas and creative freedoms to find innovative ways of developing high quality e-commerce experiences.
You’ll join a young, diverse, vibrant and energetic team of professionals who are passionate about what they do and eager to learn more. Remote working is possible if you prefer but we have an Amsterdam canal-front office that’s always packed with friendly faces, warm food and cold beer.
We encourage everyone in the team to frequently get together for innovation sessions, dinners, drinks and parties because we believe fostering a strong team spirit amongst all colleagues leads to a better standard of work.
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
As our People Manager you’ll never have a boring day. You’ll be the main point of contact for our employees as well as the management team for all their HR related questions. You will be the one that keeps Ask Phill running smoothly at all times.
The ideal candidate is passionate about people. We don’t like the phrase Human Resources too much. Because humans aren’t resources. Humans are wonderfully complex and intricate individuals. They have good days and bad days, go through ups and downs, and at some point they all need some help and guidance. That’s where you come in.
You’ll engage as part of a close-knit team, working with people from different backgrounds, cultures and walks of life. You’ll be open and welcoming, and the go-to team member should anyone at Ask Phill need help.
You’re readily familiar with Dutch Labour Laws and you can keep on top of administrative tasks with care and precision.
We’re looking for someone that is passionate about what they do and understand that there’s always much more to learn and ways to improve. We encourage all employees to develop their own talents, down paths that they choose, and use these new skills to improve our output as a company.
Most importantly, you’re not afraid to make mistakes and you understand that this is the best way to learn and grow!
- You’re responsible for all HR administration.
- You can manage the HR system and are the go-to person for questions regarding the portal.
- You manage the payroll from beginning to end and are the contact person for third parties like the insurance, pension, UWV, occupational health service, etc.
- You keep all employee files up to date (contracts, extension letters, 30% rulings).
- Preparing HR analyses regarding absenteeism figures, days off etc.
- Coordinating the on- and off-boarding processes.
- Give support during the recruitment process.
- You’re the gatekeeper for an organised, creative and enjoyable office space
- You’re continuously improving the HR related processes within Ask Phill
- Fluent with Dutch Labor Laws
- 2+ year of experience in an HR administrative position
- Advanced level of Excel and Google Sheets
- Fluent in Dutch and English (both written and spoken)
- Prior experience of working in a scale-up digital agency
- You work precisely and have an eye for detail
- You’re a team player, organised and have a proactive approach
- You can work independently and like to do your own research
Wat bieden wij
- Work with innovative global lifestyle brands
- Flexible working hours
- 28 annual holiday days (plus your birthday off!)
- Enrolment in our pension plan
- Lunch at the office
- Friday drinks
- A stimulating working environment: we work hard but we laugh a lot and always have fun
- Amsterdam canal office
- Travel reimbursement