The Nxt Museum is the first fully-dedicated New Media Art Museum in The Netherlands. An immersive, multi-sensory, fine art destination that fuses art and technology to challenge assumptions, open minds and connect with what is Nxt.
We are passionate about art, technology, science and innovation and are on a mission to push the boundaries of what a museum can be.
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
We are on the lookout for a competent, story-led, culture writer who is fluent in both Dutch and English to join our creative team. Are you a wordsmith, with a flair for storytelling and love for delving into the world of art and technology? The Creative Copywriter will take on the responsibility of harnessing the Nxt tone of voice and vision, writing articulate, intelligent, entertaining and – sometimes…. a little bit cheeky – copy, across online and offline channels.
You’re a highly creative thinker. If you’re not already, you’re prepared to immerse yourself in the complexities of new media art, in order to ensure that who we are and what our core offering is is understood by all that come into contact with Nxt. Working in the Marketing Team, you will cultivate a strong understanding of what makes each of the museum’s target visitor personas tick and craft copy tailored for each.
We would love it if you:
- Have Nxt level copywriting skills in Dutch and English
- Have an incredibly creative mind
- Are able to understand art theory and contemporary philosophies
- Are able to translate complex conceptual ideas into intelligible language
- Are able to write for multiple audiences while maintaining a brand tone of voice
- Pay great attention to detail to ensure all copy is grammatically correct and accurate
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience in a copywriting role
- You love art, music and/or technology
Key responsibilities include:
- Cultivating a strong understanding of the Nxt brand to ensure that all communications – whether our own or those of our partners – are clear, compelling, on brand and consistent
- Producing concepts for the overarching campaign message for cross channel big brand campaigns and executing sub lines across various formats
- Writing copy for our digital ad campaigns, targeting Nxt Museum’s audience personas with messages as a means of storytelling about the museum and the exhibition that they can relate to
- Crafting intelligent descriptions of new exhibitions, artworks and events that will appear on digital channels including our website, to inform visitors about what they can expect to see at Nxt Museum
- Work with the Digital Marketing specialist to develop copy for email campaigns and captions for Nxt Museum’s social channels, refining copy for Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
- Reviewing copy written by third parties to ensure it aligns with the Nxt Museum brand
- Support in writing copy for exhibitions and public programming
- We celebrate different mindsets, personalities and approaches and therefore you
should feel free to apply to this role in any way you wish – by CV and
accompanying note, by video (max 2 minutes) or any format you’d prefer in order
to tell us about yourself and your experience in Creative Copywriting
- Please submit your application to email@example.com
- Deadline for applications:Wednesday 28th July 2021