Nxt Museum is the first museum in the Netherlands dedicated to New Media Art. We are passionate about art, technology, science and innovation and are on a mission to push the boundaries of what a museum can be.
Nxt Museum is an immersive, multi-sensory, fine art destination that fuses art and technology to challenge assumptions, open minds and connect with what is Nxt.
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
This is your opportunity to grow with Nxt Museum! Nxt is looking for an intern (f/m/x) to join the museum’s operational team, where you will be working closely with the Museum Experience Producers. This is a unique chance to experience what it takes to run the museum of the future. Under the guidance of the Nxt Museum staff, you will learn how to organise, plan and deliver projects and events from concept to completion. Producing Nxt’s second exhibition, organising special events and creating strategies to ensure an amazing visitor experience are among the tasks that you will be involved with.
To help you develop a wide set of skills, this internship includes a variety of tasks:
- Assisting with the production of the museum’s second exhibition.
- Assisting with organising events and other activities, such as performances, workshops and artist talks.
- Closely working together with museum partners and staff members.
- Other tasks related to the museum’s daily operations.
We welcome everyone: all ages, ethnicities, personalities, backgrounds, genders, non-binary, queer, trans and all forms of expression. If you have the following qualities and attributes to help us deliver a high impact launch, we’d love to hear from you:
- You’re ambitious, driven and dedicated and have a keen interest in learning how to produce exhibitions, events and other special projects.
- Art and technology excite you.
- You have a can-do attitude and positive, proactive personality.
- You’re a problem solver with a structured approach to delivering a task.
- You have an eye for detail.
- You are a team player.
- You have excellent skills in reading, writing and speaking English. Dutch is a plus.
Wat bieden wij
Why intern with Nxt Museum?
- This is a unique opportunity to work in a startup environment in the growth phase of a future focused museum.
- Skill development: work closely with experienced staff members on exciting and meaningful tasks.
- You will learn how to deliver a project on time, within budget and to the highest standards.
- You will be at the forefront of groundbreaking art, driving exciting opportunities for any ambitions in the cultural industry.
- You will be working with a brilliant and diverse team!
- 6-12 month internship.
- A role in the core team of Nxt Museum.
- €425,- compensation per month.
- A dynamic and inspiring work environment.
We celebrate different mindsets, personalities and approaches and therefore you should apply to this role in any way you wish – by CV and accompanying note, by video (max 2 minutes), sketch, poster or any format you’d prefer to tell us about yourself with (upload it together with your CV).
Deadline for applications: 15th May 2022
Start date: 1st June 2022