At Workshop we envision and work to create amazing experiences.
With Partners like Nike, Google, Samsung, Nespresso, Sonos and many more, we create these experiences in our offices located in Stockholm, Amsterdam, Paris (soon), Copenhagen, Helsinki and Oslo.
We are one of the fastest growing agencies in Europe and to support this growth, we are looking for you! A creative, inspiring and forward thinking (Sr.) Art Director.
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
As the Sr. Art Director for the AMS office you will be responsible for crafting unexpected and immersive retail experiences by having a vivid imagination and a strong curiosity to seek out new perspectives and interactions. We believe you have a passion for what’s next in consumer experience, expertise across the physical and digital landscape and can bring best practice methodologies, tools and knowledge to the agency. And thus, add value to the partners.
Workshop offers you an exciting job in an international and dynamic organization where there is a short time gap from idea to action. Where anybody can come up with the best idea and where people closely work together with partners and colleagues alike.
Interested? Continue to read more about the role.
- Manage a team of two (2) direct reports
- Deliver big ideas and concepts across the customer journey/360 marketing approach for shopping marketing
- Use exceptional design skills to develop and drive innovative retail design experiences from strategy to concept to execution across 2D, 3D and digital design solutions
- Create original retail design solutions that reflect or evolve the client’s brand distinct design language, support retail business targets, and enhance the consumer journey
- Lead multiple retail initiative projects and ensure design deliverables, timelines and budgets are met
- Leverage your local knowledge of Amsterdam/ the retail market in order to amplify the experience using local creative or strategic partners for collaborations including artists, influencers and digital media etc
- Present ideas using in-depth knowledge of current and future trends influencing the consumer experience and technology
We believe that the right person for this role has:
- Minimum of 5+ years of progressive, technically sophisticated design experience in conceptual, experiential or brand design and a demonstrates ability to apply these skills in ways that elevate brand excellence
- T-shaped profile with deep design expertise (you have perfected design and love to crack the idea) and wide knowledge of strategy, UX, marketing and digital
- Understand how to concept and execute across the customer journey eg events, apps, instore activations, loyalty
- An expert-level knowledge of current trends in color, technology, communications, shopper marketing, consumer/user experience, art, design, photography and their application to the retail industry
- Confident and impactful presentation and communication skills in both French and English
- Demonstrates high level expertise using computer design applications including Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop),
- Keynote/PowerPoint and SketchUp would be a plus
- Proven ability to apply and perform design skills, including concepting, drawing/sketching, typography, ideation, color theory, texture, communication and spatial design in scale, visual presentation development and space planning layouts.
Wat bieden wij
Start: As soon as possible or according to agreement
Working hours: Full time
Please apply by filling out the form with your CV, motivational letter and portfolio via the “solliciteer nu” button. You can address your motivational letter to Marc Derby, Head of Recruitment of Vacature Via. All applications go directly to Vacature Via.