Apenkooi Events is based in Amsterdam and organizes festivals like The Gardens of Babylon, STRAF_WERK, DGTL, By the Creek, Elrow and Pleinvrees. The Gardens of Babylon (“TGOB”) organizes full experience events for our international community all over the world. By connecting music with spirituality and visual dream effects, we create heartfelt experiences wherever we go. In the past five years, we have captivated more than 22 countries and 30 cities worldwide.
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
Apenkooi Events offers an exciting Marketing position for an enthusiastic marketer who knows how to develop global marketing campaigns for our musical and spiritual festival The Gardens of Babylon. A dream job in an ever-evolving brand that requires you to be on top of your game at all times and run multiple event marketing campaigns simultaneously.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced, hands-on, and compassionate marketing professional to play an integral role within our company. The Marketing Manager works closely with the founder of TGOB or the Project Manager in order to develop and execute the overall marketing strategy and achieve our goals. You are the head of the marketing team. You will run global marketing campaigns for multiple TGOB shows and festivals simultaneously. We are looking for a stress-resistant professional who is a true multitasker, has an eye for detail, and is good at time management.
Our ideal candidate is highly initiative, detail-oriented, structured and enthusiastic about the international music scene with solid relationship-building skills and a profound experience in (digital) marketing.
- Omni-channel marketing management, long-term vision, and growth of all TGOB-owned marketing channels for the promotion of our events and record label.
- Creative announcements of shows, festivals, and releases on our record label on all established social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, SoundCloud, Spotify, YouTube, …
- Content creation and setup of social media campaigns, newsletters, and blogposts while ensuring that tone, visuals, and messaging are consistent throughout all global communications about TGOB.
- Supervision, evaluation, and when necessary, optimization of our marketing activities to achieve desired goals.
- Management & guidance of the full marketing team, from interns, graphic designers to external PR and (Digital) Advertisement Agencies. The Marketing Manager is the one that keeps overview for all the to do’s and the highest combined result of the whole team.
- Social listening to and engaging with our community to monitor conversations around TGOB while increasing sales and brand awareness.
- Online and offline community building.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business Administration.
- Minimum 4 year of experience in Event and/or FMGC Marketing. International experience is a plus.
- Strategic thinking, insightful and able to translate data into successful strategies and marketing campaigns.
- You speak and write fluent English. You love creative writing, and you have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You reckon to be social media wise and well-versed with our social media channels.
- Experience with email marketing platforms like Mailchimp is a must.
- You have knowledge about visual design. Experience with Adobe programs is a plus.
- You have impeccable organization and time management skills, an eye for detail, are comfortable with disagreements and always pragmatic in finding solutions.
- Experience with project management tools like Monday
- You have an affinity with electronic music.
- Positive, can-do attitude; You love working in an ambitious and fast-paced team.
Wat bieden wij
- A full-time position (40 hours) in Amsterdam with a young and ambitious team in a fast-growing industry.
- A fun, open, international and very dynamic work environment for you to show and utilize your marketing skills.
- Your projects will be diverse and challenging and your efforts will be of use in a global audience.
Our company is continuously growing; innovation and personal growth are essential.
Ready to join our team? Then contact Rona Simmelink (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your CV and motivational letter, and mention “TGOB Marketing Manager” in the subject.