Nxt Museum is the first museum dedicated to New Media Art in The Netherlands. We are passionate about art, technology, science and innovation and are on a mission to push the boundaries of what a museum can be. Nxt Museum is an immersive, multi-sensory, fine art destination that fuses art and technology to challenge assumptions, open minds and connect with what is Nxt.
We launched Nxt Museum in September 2020. Since opening our doors, we’ve cultivated a diverse and loyal audience having built our reputation as the first hub for new media art in the Netherlands. We opened with impact, delivering strong ticket sales figures and have since been riding the waves of the pandemic. During this time, we’ve been optimising the customer experience and building our brand salience, teasing our brand personality out across our online channels to give our community a little something more whilst they’ve been confined to their homes.
What’s Nxt? As the world recovers, we look forward to opening to the public and eventually expanding our reach internationally. We’re excited for our new Marketing Intern to join us and help us in our mission to become the leading art institute in Europe. This is your opportunity to further develop your marketing skills and grow with Nxt Museum!
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
- Support the development of campaigns across paid and organic social, out of home, guerilla marketing, and email channels – from concept ideation, copywriting, to helping manage the delivery of assets to our agency partners, you’ll assist the team with the coordination of our brand campaigns from start to execution.
- Manage and maintain the content calendar including key cultural dates and associated campaigns to ensure the teams’ campaigns are on the pulse and intersected with cultural events and celebrations.
- Maintain our website content, assisting the team with updates to copy, building new pages and optimising the site for search.
Grow our B2B partnerships and sales pipelines – you’ll identify and reach out to businesses, hotels and restaurants, who align well with our brand, in order to reach new audiences and drive new business.
- Assist our Digital Marketing Specialist in developing new content ideas for social channels.
- Research new developments in Social channels, identifying opportunities for Nxt to reach new audiences and how Nxt might approach our strategy for such channels.
- Responding to our Google Reviews and Trip Advisor ratings, ensuring Nxt maintains an online presence with visitors via TripAdvisor and Google Reviews – engaging with our customers in a tone of voice that’s true to our ethos and brand and providing information to those that need it.
- Prepare research and reports on campaign performance, audience insights, competitive analysis and other marketing activities.
- Co-edit the monthly internal Nxt email newsletter, creating content and comms for our team.
- Assisting with the team’s administrative tasks.
We welcome everyone: all ethnicities, personalities, looks, characters, backgrounds, genders, non gender, queer, trans and all forms of expression. If you have the following qualities and attributes to help us in our next phase of growing the Nxt brand and audience, we’d love to hear from you:
- You’re fluent in English and in Dutch.
- You have a keen interest in marketing and are potentially studying marketing, comms or business. You’re looking for the chance to build experience in the field.
- You love writing and are keen to learn more about developing a brand language.
- You’re ambitious, driven and dedicated and have a can-do attitude and a positive, proactive approach.
- You have a consumer-centric mindset and you are commercially savvy.
- You enjoy ‘thinking outside the box’, you’re a problem solver and a stickler for detail, with a structured approach to delivering a task.
- Art and technology excite you.
- You’re a team player.
- Experience using Mailchimp and / or Adobe Creative Cloud is a big bonus!
Wat bieden wij
- This is a unique opportunity to work in a startup environment in the growth phase of a future focused museum.
- Skill development: a credible, progressive, exciting brand and experience that will help you grow your skill set in marketing and communication.
- You’ll be a part of the most exciting space for new media art, with access to the museum (when Covid 19 restrictions ease up!) and our events programme as an added perk, allowing you to expand your network.
- You will be at the forefront of groundbreaking art, driving exciting opportunities for any ambitions in the cultural industry.
- You will be working with a brilliant and diverse team!
- 6-12 month internship (candidate and circumstances dependent)
- Start date: Late May 2021 / 1st June (working from the museum – Pandemic dependent – and from home)
- 425 EUR / month internship fee
- We celebrate different mindsets, personalities and approaches and therefore you should apply to this role in any way you wish – by CV and accompanying note, by video (max 2 minutes), sketch, poster or any format you’d prefer to tell us about yourself with
- Deadline for applications: 15th May 2021
- Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org