Our rapidly growing team is on a mission to inspire and connect people through travel. In the last 4 years, we have welcomed over 2 million users who added steps in 180+ countries. Our app was featured in Apple’s WWDC keynote speeches and Google created this amazing short video about us. Surely, this puts a huge smile on our face, but our adventure has only just begun!
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
Do you enjoy planning your travels almost as much as the trip itself? Are you always on a treasure hunt for hidden gems? Then we’ve got the job for you! As Travel Editor, you’ll be creating our soon to be launched destination guides, the beating heart of our brand-new planning feature. Our Guides will take travelers to the core of a destination, from the soul-shaking rhythm of a city like Rio to the unearthly landscapes of a national park such as Yellowstone.
As part of our fast-growing editorial team, you’ll have end-to-end ownership of our destination guides. This means curating tips, photos and videos shared by the Polarsteps community and writing premium copy to create awesome Guides. You’ll have the opportunity to build this new content ecosystem from scratch with us and help shape the future of travel planning!
What you’ll do
- Research the best places to stay, eat and drink, and things to see and do for destinations all over the world;
- Write crisp travel content, making the most of a limited word count;
- Choose premium visuals from multiple sources to showcase a destination;
- Search for top insider tips provided by our community;
- Create high-quality destination guides in our CMS, from start to finish;
- Be the face of your own country guides;
- Work as part of the Polarsteps team to contribute to a positive and inclusive work environment.
Our ideal candidate
- Has 3+ years professional experience as a Writer and/or Editor;
- Has a passion for travel, is a true globetrotter and loves to spend hours researching destinations online;
- Is able to produce well-written, entertaining but factually watertight copy;
- Has an exceptionally high standard of English in writing and impeccable grammar;
- Has a keen eye for aesthetics and visuals;
- Is excited to work in a scale-up environment.
We’re only looking for Editors who are willing to work in our offices in Amsterdam in a full-time capacity (32+ hours a week). Therefore, you must live or be willing to move to the Amsterdam area. For this position, being fluent in English is not enough. To qualify, you must have an exceptionally high standard of written English.
Wat bieden wij
You know, perks… the cool stuff. Here’s a list of things we have to offer. And yes, that free flight to a random location you’ve been hearing about, it’s true. Try it out and give our Teleporter a spin here.
- 28 days of vacay for all your travel desires;
- Daily team lunch;
- Flexible working hours;
- Talented international team;
- Awesome office in downtown Amsterdam;
- Free Travel Books;
- Commuting expenses reimbursed;
- A contract for 7 months.